In a small town, not so far away there are many women who feel lost, tired, scared, and hopeless.
They have lost their way, and are now experiencing something no one wants to go through – homelessness. They’re tired from bouncing from friends to family to sleeping in their car, just trying to survive. They come scared, running from domestic violence or life on the street. They are hopeless, feeling that they will never regain custody of their child or have stable housing. They find themselves homeless and at Lighthouse Mission’s Agape Home. This is where their story begins, but with your help it won’t end there.
This year, we’re putting a creative twist on the Agape Walk & 5K. It’s fairy tale themed! So come dressed as your favorite fairy tale, story book, or literary character and we’ll celebrate all the women and children who have found help and hope at the Agape Home. We’re counting on seeing a lot of Elsa’s out there, but aim for creativity for a chance to win the costume contest!
Whether you’re storybook royalty or a heroic outlaw, make sure you can move because this 5K is on the trails of Lake Padden Park! After the run and walk, we’ll have great prizes, snacks, and games for the whole family!
Advanced Medical Massage will be offering chair massages for $1/minute, with 75% of the proceeds going to Agape Home!
Your registration and sponsorship goes directly to help women and children struggling with homelessness in our community. Lighthouse Mission’s Agape Home shelters 50 women and children per night, providing a safe haven for women looking to get back on their feet again. Happily ever after starts here! So register, create a fundraising page, and help the many women and children who live at Agape Home!
Online Registration is now CLOSED, but we have day of registration. Please register at the event starting at 8:30AM.
- Date: Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Time: 8:30 AM Registration/9:30 AM Start
- Location: Lake Padden Park (playground shelter)
- Cost: $20 Adult/ $5 Kids (12 and under)
- Your registration includes a shirt while supplies last
- Snacks & prizes provided by local sponsors
- Moncrieff Construction Inc.: 8510 Guide Meridian, Lynden, WA 98264
- Waddell & Reed: Jodie Beatty & Nicole Burdick: 4164 Meridian St. Ste 104, Bellingham
- Bornstein Electric: 3152 North Shore Rd, Bellingham
- Eaglemill Farms: 1364 Aboott Rd, Lynden
- Karen Morgan Physical Therapy: 119 N Commercial St. Ste 660, Bellingham
- Landings at Colony Wharf: On the Whatcom Creek Waterway, Bellingham
- Northwest Liquid Transport: 530 H Street Rd, Lynden
- Pepper Sisters: 1055 N. State St, Bellingham
- Western Travel Sales: 8165 Guide-Meridian, Lynden
Treasure Chest Prizes:
- Bellingham Tennis Club & Fairhaven Fitness
- Brandywine Kitchen
- Crysalis Inn & Spa
- Fairhaven Runners & Walkers
- Fat Pie Pizza
- Flax 4 Life
- Little Caesar’s Pizza
- Massage Envy
- Mount Bakery
- Mount Baker Theatre
- Old Town Cafe
- Otion: The Soap Bar
- Pickford Film Center
- Pure Bliss Desserts
- Rocket Donuts
- SP Services (Shalana’s Personal Services, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TJ Maxx
- Trader Joe’s
- Walton Beverage
- Whatcom Family YMCA
- Woods Coffee
We’re looking for Business Sponsors:
Interested in becoming a business sponsor? Download the Business Sponsor Form here. Or contact Rachel at 360-733-5120 Ext. 104
Run or walk the Lake Padden loop or choose the 5K route which includes some less traveled trails around the lake (pictured below).