Update: Drop-In Center Relocating to Bellingham High School due to Covid-19
Due to much effort between the City of Bellingham, Bellingham School District, Whatcom County Health Department, and the Lighthouse Mission, the Mission’s Drop-In Center will be temporarily relocating to Bellingham High School. The extra space at Bellingham High School will support the six-foot distancing mandate, offer showers, and provide separate quarantine space if and when that becomes needed.
“Our community came together to figure out a solution so the Drop-In Center will safely serve our neighbors experiencing homelessness. Many hands were involved and I’m incredibly grateful for those partnerships.” – Hans Erchinger-Davis, Executive Director of Lighthouse Mission Ministries
This move is a major undertaking and the Mission’s expenses have increased while donations have decreased because of the coronavirus. Your help is greatly needed during this time of transition and uncertainty. Please donate today.
Visit here for FAQs about the relocation.
If you have questions or concerns about the shelter relocation, contact Jessica Hess at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-733-5120 ext. 103.
Located at 1013 W. Holly Street, the Drop-In Center is open 24/7.
The purpose of the Drop-In Center is to stabilize incoming guests, introduce them to a lifesaving relationship with Jesus Christ, offer services, and provide a motivational environment that encourages life-change.
- 150 men and women can stay at the Drop-In Center each night
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily
At the Drop-In Center, you’ll find:
- Community-oriented atmosphere
- Supportive staff and volunteers
- Reading material and games
- Cafe Renovare: Guests complete a chore or donate a dollar for a coffee or espresso
- Optional Bible and prayer time
Onsite Partnering Organizations:
- Law Advocates
- Project for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH)
- Opportunity Council’s Homeless Outreach Team
- Sea Mar Community Health Center
- United Healthcare
- Bellingham Public Library
Want to refer someone to the Drop-In Center? Here’s a handy card: Download Referral Card