At Agape, guests find a place where they can escape the victimization, hopelessness, and/or addiction that led them to our door. This allows them to create a better future for themselves and their children.
Agape Home is a community where women are working on goals with a Growth Assistant, taking an Agape class, doing chores, and participating in house meetings.
- Safe and confidential shelter for women and mothers with children
- One-on-one case management to help women reach their goals
- Life Skills Classes (i.e. Safe People, Boundaries, Parenting, Christianity 101, Relapse Prevention)
- Staff available 24/7
- Three daily meals (served in the Mission dining room)
- Emotional, social, and spiritual support and encouragement
- Substance abuse accountability
- Referrals to other community agencies
The Agape Childcare Center, which opened in September 2015, exists to further support, strengthen, and reunify families living at Agape Home.
Having childcare provided allows Agape residents the opportunity to attend classes at Agape and appointments that otherwise would be impossible. The Childcare Center is also used for family meetings with professionals, tutoring, our once a month children’s birthday parties, and child/parent visitation while a family is working with the Division of Children and Family Services.