Update: Base Camp moved to 1530 Cornwall Avenue
In an amazing story of partnership, the Mission’s Base Camp (formerly the Drop-In Center) temporarily relocated to Bellingham High School on March 20 to keep people safe in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. This location was great in a time of emergency, but it needs to move again to give the high school time to prepare for students to return. Due to current health recommendations, it became clear that it is no longer feasible to use Base Camp’s original location on Holly Street. Action was quickly taken to relocate and Base Camp’s new temporary location is at 1530 Cornwall Ave. Here is more information about the move.
Your help is needed during this time of uncertainty. Please donate today.
Located at 1530 Cornwall Ave, Base Camp is open 24/7.
The purpose of Base Camp is to love on neighbors who are experiencing homelessness. We hope that providing food, shelter, and care for our friends will give them hope, let them know they have incredible value, and encourage life-change. We welcome all. If you’re looking for a bit of help or a chance to accomplish your goals, we would love to meet you. Here’s how to get in touch with us.
At Base Camp, you’ll find:
- A safe place for 200 people to stay, night or day
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
- Showers and public restrooms
- Laundry services
- Welcoming, supportive staff and volunteers
- Community-oriented atmosphere
- Optional Bible and prayer time
Onsite Partnering Organizations:
We’re so grateful these organizations have prioritized coming in to Base Camp to connect with folks.
- Law Advocates
- Project for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH)
- Opportunity Council’s Homeless Outreach Team
- Sea Mar Community Health Center
- United Healthcare
- Bellingham Public Library
- Compass Health
- Community Paramedics
- GRACE Team (Whatcom County & SeaMar Community Health Center)