In an amazing story of partnership, the Mission’s Base Camp (formerly the Drop-In Center) temporarily relocated to Bellingham High School in the spring to keep people safe in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. It became increasingly clear that it is no longer feasible to use Base Camp’s original location on Holly Street. Action was taken to relocate to a location that could be a longer-term solution. Here is more information about the move.
Your help is needed during this time of uncertainty. Please donate today.
Located at 1530 Cornwall Ave, Base Camp is open 24/7.
The purpose of Base Camp is to love on neighbors who are experiencing homelessness. We hope that providing food, shelter, and care for our friends will give them hope, let them know they have incredible value, and encourage life-change. We welcome all. If you or someone you know needs help or a chance to accomplish your goals, we would love to meet you. Here’s how to get in touch with us.
At Base Camp, you’ll find:
- A safe place for 200 people to stay, night or day
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
- Showers and public restrooms
- Laundry services
- Welcoming, supportive staff and volunteers
- Community-oriented atmosphere
- Optional Bible and prayer time
Onsite Partnering Organizations
We’re so grateful these organizations (and more) have prioritized coming in to Base Camp to connect with folks:
- Law Advocates
- Project for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH)
- Opportunity Council’s Homeless Outreach Team
- Sea Mar Community Health Center
- United Healthcare
- Bellingham Public Library
- Compass Health
- Community Paramedics
- GRACE Team (Whatcom County & SeaMar Community Health Center)
Questions or Concerns about Base Camp:
Contact the Downtown Liaison: email@example.com
Find out what we’re doing to support the neighboring businesses and residents of Base Camp: Good Neighbors Project
Code of Conduct and Guidelines:
For the night of 10/22/20:
181 People stayed the night
140 Men | 41 women
Percent full: 95%