Lighthouse Mission Ministries (LMM) aims to be a valuable resource and supportive ally to local businesses and residents during the three to four year temporary placement of LMM’s Base Camp. The Good Neighbor Project was developed by LMM to enhance the neighborhood feel, build a community-partnered response to homelessness, and mitigate potential challenges arising from Base Camp’s downtown location.
Good Neighbor Project Includes:
1. Your Downtown Bellingham Liaison is available to support downtown residents and businesses with issues related to homelessness.
Rhod Kelly – Cell: 360.483.9561 | Email: email@example.com
2. Incident/Concern Matrix: A tool to help business in their interactions with neighbors experiencing homelessness
3. Dedicated Litter Patrol: LMM provides a dedicated staff member seven days a week to pick up litter in the areas outlined on this map and surrounding areas.
4. Downtown Clean-Up: LMM engages community and service groups and local faith organizations to pray for and clean up our downtown core and alleys.
5. Neighbor Advisory Forum: Meets bi-weekly to discuss issues/problems and devise and implement tangible solutions for the downtown core. It is a Lighthouse Mission originated group comprised of neighboring businesses, land owners, social workers, Bellingham Police Department representatives, and LMM’s Downtown Bellingham Liaison.
6. Referral Cards: These cards share basic information about Base Camp and a coupon for free espresso at Base Camp’s cafe. Local businesses will have these on hand to encourage neighbors who are homeless to go to Base Camp. Request referral cards here.
7. Joyriders (Downtown Outreach): Staff and volunteers serve as ambassadors of the Lighthouse Mission in the Downtown Core near Base Camp. The Joy Riders will initiate relationships and invite individuals experiencing homelessness into services at Base Camp. The Joy Riders will also engage with businesses and patrons of Downtown sharing the mission and vision of the Lighthouse Mission.
Download a printable version of this Good Neighbor Guide here.