Lighthouse Mission Ministries (LMM) aims to be a valuable resource and supportive ally to local businesses and residents during the three to four year temporary placement of LMM’s Base Camp. The Good Neighbor Project was developed by LMM to enhance the neighborhood feel, build a community-partnered response to homelessness, and mitigate potential challenges arising from Base Camp’s downtown location.
Good Neighbor Project Includes:
1. Your Downtown Bellingham Liaison is available to support downtown residents and businesses with issues related to homelessness.
Phone: (360) 483-9561
3. Dedicated Litter Patrol: LMM provides a dedicated staff member seven days a week to pick up litter in the areas outlined on this map and surrounding areas.
4. Downtown Clean-Up: LMM engages community and service groups and local faith organizations to pray for and clean up our downtown core and alleys.
5. Neighbor Advisory Forum: Meets bi-weekly to discuss issues/problems and devise and implement tangible solutions for the downtown core. It is a Lighthouse Mission originated group composed of neighboring businesses, land owners, social workers, Bellingham Police Department representatives, and LMM’s Downtown Bellingham Liaison.
6. De-escalation Training: Training is free for anyone in the community and is offered on the second Thursday of each month from 5-6PM. RSVP here.
7. Stride Program: A group of guests, staff, volunteers and community members running and walking together on local trails. This is a great opportunity to promote physical and mental health and build connections. For more information please contact the neighborhood liaison number at the top of the page.