Lighthouse Mission Ministries (LMM) aims to be a valuable resource and supportive ally to local businesses and residents during the three to four year temporary placement of LMM’s Base Camp. The Good Neighbor Project was developed by LMM to enhance the neighborhood feel, build a community-partnered response to homelessness, and mitigate potential challenges arising from Base Camp’s downtown location.
Good Neighbor Project Includes:
1. Your Downtown Bellingham Liaison is available to support downtown residents and businesses with issues related to homelessness.
Evarosa Purviance | (360) 483-9561 | Email Evarosa
2. Incident/Concern Matrix: A tool to help business in their interactions with neighbors experiencing homelessness. (Click to view Incident Concern Matrix and resources for businesses)
3. Dedicated Litter Patrol: LMM provides a dedicated staff member seven days a week to pick up litter in the areas outlined on this map and surrounding areas.
4. Downtown Clean-Up: LMM engages community and service groups and local faith organizations to pray for and clean up our downtown core and alleys.
5. Neighbor Advisory Forum: Meets bi-weekly to discuss issues/problems and devise and implement tangible solutions for the downtown core. It is a Lighthouse Mission originated group composed of neighboring businesses, land owners, social workers, Bellingham Police Department representatives, and LMM’s Downtown Bellingham Liaison.
6. De-escalation Training: Training is free for anyone in the community and is offered on the second Thursday of each month from 5-6PM. Any business that is not available to attend at that time may contact Evarosa to schedule a private training. RSVP here.
7. Event Processing: For those that have experienced a traumatic event while working downtown, our Downtown Liaison is available to help process through those events providing support and context to help recover.
8. Stride Program: On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, a group of runners and walkers leaves from Base Camp at 6AM returning an hour later. This is a great opportunity for community members, guests, and volunteers to connect with each other, building life-changing relationships. For more information please email the neighborhood liaison linked at the top of the page.